The Nominations for new Fellows must be done online by two ESB members in good standing. The online system will be available soon.
Approved candidates will be inducted at a Ceremony during the World Biomaterials Congress 2020.
Procedure for nomination of IUS-BSE fellows
The procedure for proposal of candidates for IUSBSE fellowship by the European Society for Biomaterials Council Committee is based on the following criteria:
1. The proposed candidate must be a member in good standing of the European Society for Biomaterials at the time of proposal and cannot be a current member of the ESB Council.
2. The proposed candidate needs to be/have been a member of the European Society for Biomaterials for at least five years in the past ten years.
3. The proposed candidate must have participated to at least five annual conferences of the European Society for Biomaterials and/or World Biomaterials Congresses in the past ten years.
The proposed candidate must have contributed significantly to the knowledge in the field of biomaterials through basic, experimental, industrial and/or clinical research (attested by a strong scientific track record in terms of, e.g., scientific publications, other scientific communications and patents).
The proposed candidate must hold a leadership role in the field of biomaterials, as evidenced by a continuous productivity in biomaterials research, development, education, and administration.
6. The candidate needs to be proposed by two members in good standing of the European Society for Biomaterials.
7. The received proposals are evaluated by a Fellows Committee of the European Society for Biomaterials. The committee proposes a list of nominees to the Council. The selection will be made according to the criteria described in 1-5.
8. The Council takes the final decision and sends official nomination of the selected candidates to the IUSBSE board.
9. Members of the ESB Council are not eligible for nomination during the period they are in office
The following information will be requested:
= Names, addresses and affiliations of the two proposing ESB members
= A Curriculum Vitae of the candidate (pdf format, maximum 10 Mb), as far as is known, including teaching and training, positions held, main field of professional activity, memberships of professional organizations, honors received, a list of publications, other scientific contributions and patents.
= Citation: A 50-word citation indicating why the candidate is proposed for this recognition.
= Biographical note: A 200-word biographical note of the candidate.
= Deadline for proposals by ESB members: May 31, 2019
= Final decision and nomination by the Council to be sent to IUSBSE: July 15, 2019
For any questions regarding nominations, please contact Prof. Abhay Pandit (email@example.com), ESB’s liaison officer for international relations and conferences.